Q2 2018 technical update
Below is our technical report for the second quarter of 2018, summarising past and current operations on France-IX’s infrastructure:
- Paris Backbone upgrades:
– Equinix PA6 PoP migration: PA6 members have been moved to an Extreme SLX-9850 chassis, 8 slots version, in order to provide more 100G ports. Coriant Groove G30, DWDM optical boxes, have been installed to provide 2x400G of capacity between PA6 and PAR5/TH2 core PoPs. 400G between PA6 and TH2 are already available, 400G between PA6 and PAR5 will be activated in the following days.
- Marseille backbone upgrades:
– New France-IX MRS2 PoP: France-IX has opened a third point of presence in the new Interxion datacenter MRS2 to increase resilience and meet anticipated growth in interconnection demand. MRS2 France-IX PoP was activated in May. 1G, 10G and 100G ports are available.
– In order to address the increasing demand of 100G ports, new 100G linecards have been installed in Interxion MRS1 PoP in May.
– Route servers: New physical servers hosting route servers services have been installed. BGP sessions will be moved during the summer.
- Key technical numbers for Q2-2018 :
Customer ports connected in the last 3 months:
1G: 6 ports
10G: 12 ports
100G: 3 ports
Availability for Q2-2018:
- Next main actions:
OS upgrade campaign in Paris for Extreme SLX platform: We plan to upgrade the firmware from 17r.1.01a to 17r.1.01b on Extreme SLX-9850 platform. We will start with Interxion PAR5 PoP (July, 24th 2018) and the following week, we will perform Telehouse 2 PoP upgrade.